You are here
50 Dollar Note
Scene: Red House
Key Security Features
- Red-Capped Cardinal Bird Watermark & Value numeral electrotype - Each denomination banknote when held up against the light will show an image of the same bird that features on the front of the note. On the $50 an image of the Red-Capped Cardinal bird and a bright image of a 50 are visible.
- See-through feature - When the banknote is held against the light, an image of the Red-Capped Cardinal bird will be seen. An engraved rosette printed behind the bird positioned just above the Governor’s signature will also be visible.
- Blue numbering - Both serial numbers have progressively larger digits.
- Thread with text - The 2mm thread comes to the surface at regular intervals. The complete thread is only visible when viewed against the light and will read ‘CBTT’ and the denomination. This thread fluoresces under UV light.
- Large textured value numeral - Facilitates handling by the visually impaired.
- Hologram - When tilted, the $50 denomination hologram depicts the $ sign moving behind the Red-Capped Cardinal bird.
- Tactile Bars - 6 tactile bars down the sides of the banknote to help the visually impaired to feel which denomination they are holding.
- Borders - The borders echo the background colours of the note on the front and the back.
- Duplex pattern - Different colours in perfect register.
- Series Date - 2006.
- Text around the Coat of Arms - On the commemorative issues, the following words are inserted: "Celebrating 50 years of Independence - 1962-2012"