You are here
Upgraded 1 Dollar Note
Scene: Point Lisas Industrial Estate
- Scarlet Ibis Watermark & Value numeral electrotype - EACH denomination banknote when held up against the light will show an image of the same bird that features on the front of the note. On the $1 an image of the Scarlet Ibis and a bright image of the TT1 are visible
- Thread with text - A new narrower 1.2mm thread comes to the surface at regular intervals. The complete thread is only visible when viewed against the light and will read ‘CBTT’ and the denomination. This thread does NOT fluoresce under UV light.
- Blue vertical numbering - Both serial numbers have progressively larger digits.
- Series Date - 2006.
- Large textured value numeral - Facilitates handling by the visually impaired.
- Gold iridescent band - A band printed with iridescent gold ink is on the reverse.
- See-through feature - When the banknote is held against the light a complete design showing a Scarlet Ibis bird will be seen.
- Borders- The borders echo the background colours of the note on the front and the back.
- Duplex pattern- Different colours in perfect register.
- Tactile Bars - 2 tactile bars down the sides of the banknote to help the visually impaired to feel which denomination they are holding.