A bureau de change is an establishment dedicated only to the exchange of currency. It does not provide other services of a financial nature. Bureaux de Change are licensed by the Central Bank to buy and sell foreign currency notes, coins and travellers’ cheques in exchange for notes and coins of another currency.
The following is a list of bureau de change operators licensed in Trinidad and Tobago at present:
- Eastern Credit Union Cooperative Society Limited
- Global Exchange Trinidad & Tobago Limited
- Grace Kennedy (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited
- Massy Remittance Services (Trinidad) Ltd.
- Millennium Finance and Leasing
Download the Terms and Conditions for the Operation of a Bureau de Change.
Download the Exchange Control Act Chap 79:50.