Registered insurance institutions are required to submit certain reports to Central Bank quarterly and annually.
The Quarterly Returns (version 4.1) are to be completed by all insurance companies at the end of each quarter. The returns are comprised of the following forms:-
- CB-20 - The Balance Sheet and Schedules
- CB-40 - The Income Statement and Schedules
- CB-201 - Investment Exposure
- CB-202 - Liability Exposure
- Statutory Deposit Requirement
- Statutory Fund – Requirement in Respect of Long Term Insurance Business
- Statutory Fund Motor – Requirement in Respect of Motor Vehicle Insurance Business
The downloadable instructions listed below provide guidance on completing the forms and includes definitions of terms used.
Form B4 Schedules in respect of General Insurance Business
Claims run-off data:
Why are regular returns required?
The Central Bank mandates these returns in order to:
- Secure regular reporting on the financial condition and performance of all insurance companies
- Ensure consistent and standardized information among reporting institutions; and
- Aggregate data for the purpose of assessing the performance of insurance industry as a whole.
Returns should also be e-mailed to [email protected] .