- Completed application form inclusive of all of the information requested therein.
- Receipt showing payment of the prescribed fee (non-refundable, non-transferable).
- Where the applicant is a firm or a partnership, certified copies of the instrument constituting the firm or partnership as such, including by-laws and a statement setting out the details of beneficial shareholding, in the case of a firm or setting out full details in respect of the name and business interests of all the partners, in the case of a partnership.
- Where the applicant is a partnership, evidence that each member of the partnership has been registered.
- The fit and proper criteria must be satisfied by submitting a completed and signed Personal Questionnaire and Declaration (PQD) form for each member of the proposed Board of Directors and management team.
Evidence of the relevant qualifications approved by the Trinidad and Tobago Insurance Institute
A valid Certificate of Character issued within six months by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service.
A photocopy of your 'photo ID': Trinidad and Tobago National Identification Card (front and back), Driver's Permit or Passport (bio-data page).
Any other information deemed necessary by the Central Bank.
It is expected that applicants will fully apprise themselves of all the applicable requirements of the Insurance Act 84:01, the Insurance (Agents, Brokers, Salesmen and Adjusters) (Registration) Regulations, Central Bank guidelines and any other relevant legislation. The necessary steps should be taken to ensure compliance.
Queries can be directed to: